Job Description & How to Apply Below
Our client, a well known apparel company is looking for a technical designer to join their team.
- Engineer tech packs for internal development focusing on cost effectiveness with ‘right-first-time’ fit and quality considerations.
- Evaluate samples ahead of the fit session to accelerate the cross-functional review process.
- Align with buyer on fit intent, and lead model fittings by identifying problems and providing solutions to fit and quality issues.
- Assemble the fit report with ‘one-and-done’ fit goals by communicating complete, accurate and concise solutions to factory.
- Leverage spec/quality standards to provide a deliberately consistent product, and proactively evolve these standards to improve execution, encompass new trends, and positively influence customer loyalty.
- Issue grading for approved styles and ensure proportions are maintained throughout the size-range.
- Professionally effective communication skills.
- Experience with knits/wovens fittings, apparel assembly, PD development and technical terminology
- Expertise with creating measurement and construction specs for a wide variety of fabrications and silhouettes.
- Competition and trend awareness with an aesthetic sense and a good eye for proportions and scale.
- Task oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage up.
- Dependable, sense of urgency, ownership, and initiative.
- Team oriented with a resourceful and motivated approach to swiftly support department needs and company directive.
- Collaborative across teams with the ability to influence and positively impact timely resolutions.
- Optimism and Resiliency.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Critical attention to speed and accuracy.
- Maintains professionalism under pressure and while resolving conflicts.
- Delivers transparent communication within a team environment and receives constructive feedback professionally
- Person MUST be experienced in plus size – preferably junior plus. No hand holding!
Must be a fit expert!
Please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration.
Search for further Jobs Here: