is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams, is the worlds first and only Success
OS. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented full stack Principal Product Designer to join our growing design team, helping us create best-in-class online digital and mobile experiences. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with animators, illustrators, and visual designers to realize a pixel-perfect product that turns heads and drives personal and collective success.
So, if you’re ready to make a tremendous impact in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment while seeing your fingerprints on a truly global product, then we want to hear from you!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
* Designing beautiful, simple, innovative, and intuitive interactions and flows across both web and mobile;
* Conceiving innovative new features and pitching those concepts directly to the CEO;
* Working collaboratively with designers from California to Kyiv;
* Maintaining responsibility for screen designs, prototypes, customer journey maps, high fidelity assets and detailed specifications;
* Helping ensure that the product experience is engaging, intuitive and fun for our customers and user base;
* Working with and producing brand and design guidelines.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
* A degree in classical arts, or another visual/design-based subject, with demonstrated full-stack experience designing user-facing technology products across web and mobile;
* Strong product design skills, passion for interaction design, and knowledge of best-in-class visual design principles for mobile and web (e.g. HIG / Material design);
* Strong knowledge of visual design theory and fundamentals (e.g. Art and Visual Perception [ Typography, Grid systems, Color theory, Iconography, Branding, Layout, User-system interaction);
* Expert knowledge of Figma (Components, Prototyping, Auto-layout, Team libraries);
* Proficiency with other industry tools such as Sketch, Adobe and Principle to effectively deliver high quality design solutions;
* Ability to understand the customer experience, and translate this into impactful and appropriate high-fidelity designs for digital products.
WHAT SKILLS WILL COME IN HANDY?
* Platform-specific knowledge of design patterns for iOS/Android;
* Motion design and animation techniques;
* Creation and support of design systems;
* Experience working on consumer-grade, high-scale, user-centric mobile applications;
* Being a leader is a design-led company and as as a senior member you will likely be encouraged to mentor colleagues and indirectly lead projects;
* BFA or MFA from a top design program, e.g. SCAD, RISD, Pratt, RCA, etc.
As part of the interview process, we ask all candidates to submit a portfolio of relevant design work for our team to review. It is important to note that Surprise is a mobile-first company, and we are looking for full-stack product designers with extensive experience in visual design, who are able to transform rough wireframes into hi-fi, pixel-perfect mobile screens/experiences. The most competitive portfolios will showcase these skills.
* A team of extraordinary people, working hard to better themselves and further our mission;
* Competitive comp and equity;
* Company-paid medical, dental and vision;
* And, of course, we get Surprises internally!