We have an exciting opportunity for a Motion Graphics Designer! As a Motion Graphics Designer, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily content on Fox News, Fox Business, and Fox Nation. You thrive in a live news environment, have the right attitude, and understand the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio.
* A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Create and design animations including opens, bumps, transitions, and set elements based on established show formats. Execute same-day requests while balancing assignments with longer deadlines
* Work closely with art directors, creative director, and department management to ensure work aligns with network/show identity and editorial guidelines
* Pitch designs for new show packages, redesigns, studio displays, and segments based on executive requests, editorial guidance, and internal requests.
Must be able to storyboard concepts and present designs in a group environment
* Collaborate with other designers to produce cohesive graphics packages across multiple platforms. This includes designing pieces for print campaigns, set/scenic mockups, and internal company presentations
* Ensure all work conforms to technical requirements and file organization standards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* 3-5 years’ experience working in design and production for broadcast news and digital
* Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop and Illustrator
* Ability to organize information (layout design, infographics, general organization)
* Attention to design detail and quality
* Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography and color theory
* Refined sense of motion and animation, particularly relating to typography and logo usage
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure news environment under tight deadlines
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge and awareness of current design trends in graphic design and typography
* Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
* Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Communication
* UI/UX experience
* Knowledge of Maya and Vizrt