We are seeking a dynamic and talented Lead Digital Product Designer who can apply expertise in user experience design, visual design, and digital strategy to create and execute design solutions that meet the clients business goals. Our ideal candidate understands how people think, operate, and interact with complex sets of data and is comfortable working with designers, developers, data analysts, and product managers to design the user experience for digital products.
We are looking for someone who is competent in all aspects of the design process, bring Lean UX methods and strategic thinking into enterprise projects, and establish and grow relationships with clients.
_Engagement Delivery and Management_
* Serving in lead capacity on large, complex projects, create user experiences and visual design strategies and solutions for projects based on business objectives and user research
* Serve as subject matter expert in the defined UX and brand standards and the execution of visual, interaction, and motion design
* Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, and content
* Communicate the value of UX, UI, and design thinking to clients
* Lead client engagements from a UX perspective
* Lead participatory design activities, e.g., client workshops, card sorting, to understand vision, business model, and user needs and behaviors
* Serve as the voice of the user while meeting the needs of the client
* Combine UX thinking with design execution to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
* Illustrate user experience using storyboards, information architecture, process flows, user journeys/personas, and sitemaps
* Use design to communicate complex concepts, whether through conversations, frameworks, or ideas
* Derive actionable insights by leading user research activities and translating insights into prototypes
* Provide coaching and guidance to other product designers on the team to elevate our approach to user experience research and design and promote the craft of UX across the organization
* Collaborate with architects, developers, and project teams to ensure design elements are incorporated into development sprints
* Proactively perform competitive research based on product roadmaps
* Plan and facilitate interactive workshops to build consensus around business requirements and design ideas
_Design Team Leadership_
* Lead the design team in best practices, design trends, and leading technologies
* Support the development and adoption of design processes, tools, and culture
* Develop, refine, and adhere to design systems and style guides
* Understand and incorporate Design Thinking, Agile Methodologies, Lean Principles and Collective Intelligence into project strategy
* Strong understanding of foundational design principles including type, layout, use of color, etc.
* Deep understanding of user experience best practices and the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
* Understanding of desktop, mobile web, native iOS and Android platforms, and the ability to provide recommendation when its best to follow platform-specific conventions.
* Ability to collaboratively go from whiteboard, to sketch, to high fidelity prototype, to live product
* Ability to conduct and apply customer research, including design thinking and rapid prototyping
* Outstanding facilitation, brainstorming, and collaboration skills
* Extensive experience with standard design tools, e.g., Axure, Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Excellent communication, presentation and critical thinking skills.
* Strong sense of collaboration; able to thrive in iterative, cross-disciplinary environments
* Ability to drive consensus via facilitation, storytelling, and brainstorming
* Comfortable trying new things and failing quickly to get to optimal solution
* Open to feedback and willing to learn and improve
* Passionate about creating easy, usable, and smart solutions for humans
* Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus