Job Description & How to Apply Below
Position: Intermediate Designer (Design Staff 1 or Architect 1)
Johnson Fain is seeking a self-motivated, highly-skilled Intermediate Designer to work collaboratively with our design and technical team on a variety of project types. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic team-player with a background in Architecture. In addition, the candidate must possess a strong work ethic and strong client interface, leadership and communication skills.
- Perform design and documentation assignments including conceptual design, schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
- Produce presentation drawings that effectively and creatively communicate design ideas.
- Develop and explore design alternatives, code analysis, building detailing, and integration of building systems (structure, MEP, lighting, landscape, interiors, etc.) throughout the design and construction process.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate design and documents with other disciplines.
- 5 to 8 years of work experience in an architectural office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of Revit, and BIM standards
- Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Autocad, Sketch Up, Lumion, Rhino/ Grasshopper, Dynamo, is a plus.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Johnson Fain offers an intellectual and creative work environment with state of the art computer software integration, a large model shop with both laser and 3D print modeling, and a spacious open studio. The firm offers a competitive benefits package, flexible summer hours, guest speaker and social events, free yoga, free parking, professional development support and more. Competitive salaries offered commensurate with level of experience.
Interested and qualified candidates:
Please email your resume, work samples and references to hr with the subject heading “Intermediate Designer”. No phone calls, please.
About Johnson Fain:
Johnson Fain is a fully integrated design studio providing architecture, urban design and planning, and interior design services in a diverse range of project types. Scott Johnson, FAIA, Design Partner, and William Fain, FAIA, Managing Partner and Director of Urban Design & Planning, lead the firm whose focus is broad and intellectually based, placing an emphasis on research and interdisciplinary practice.
The firm has designed signature projects, including mixed-use residential communities, city plans, office and residential towers, cultural centers, and educational institutions, in California, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, Japan, and China.
Search for further Jobs Here: