Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Creative Interior Designer to work with clients in the education market. In this role you will engage with mission-driven clients focused on developing inspiring interior architecture that has lasting value.
You will work directly with a Design Director to develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentations, and ensure the execution of a design concept throughout the documentation process.
What You Will Do
* Lead creative efforts on several projects by developing the overall design concepts and design presentation strategies with the Project’s Design Director
* Develop design concepts through programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documentation and project realization
* Select and present furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
* Generate ﬁnish plans, speciﬁcations, and material selections for presentation, procurement and construction
* Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
* Mentor junior designers
* Build client relationships by acting as the primary design interface with clients, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators
* Collaborate with other team members and colleagues to promote design excellence and elevate the quality of design
* Participate in business development and marketing efforts, including, but not limited to, networking, thought leadership, and speaking engagements
* 5-10 years professional experience including a proven track record of executing well-designed interior spaces including education environments
* Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related ﬁeld from an accredited school
* NCDIQ certification required
* Experience contributing to design concepts and formulating design presentations; an understanding of current education trends a plus
* Knowledge of furniture, ﬁnishes, materials, color selections, and speciﬁcations;
Institutional specific knowledge a plus
* Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
* Demonstrated expertise exploring and integrating sustainable design strategies
* Experience leading design teams through all phases of the design process
* Commitment to creative user engagement and design for diversity, equity and inclusion
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Excellent verbal presentation skills
* Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
* Advanced knowledge of design software, including Revit, Sketch
Up, Enscape, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to communicate design ideas
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.