Using a MAC platform the Petersen Automotive Museum Production Designer will provide digital and print production for various museum projects, supporting the lead designer and Design Director under the supervision of the Design Director. This Designer will be called upon to assist with design retion of the other team members.
The Petersen Automotive Museum Production Designer assists the Creative Department in providing internal creative support to the museum as a whole by producing visual design collateral of changing and permanent exhibitions and for museum general use. The Production Designer will also produce collateral for other departments and museum events and programs. The Production Designer will assist in department functions such as filing and ordering supplies.
The position will also interact with outside vendors when needed. Design projects will be assigned retion of the Design Director to provide growth within the department.
- Creates basic layout and design based on branded templates.
- Creates original design based on museum branding and personal creativity.
- Production design will include Instagram squares and web banner creation, and other social media projects.
- Creates files by using existing design standards to create new or revised materials for other departments by integrating new content into an existing design, utilizing design tools such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Produces templated emails in MailChimp, using supplied content.
- Ensures quality control in production for graphics, layout, and for color in print and digital. Ensures files are formatted correctly.
- Review graphics, layouts, and fonts before products are submitted for review.
- Updates internal database, shared server, and/or intranet with new files.
- Shares best practices with other Graphic team members.
- Internal fabrication of signage as needed.
- May do research for images on the Internet, including stock photo websites, and various internal sources to be used in projects.
- Participates in the training and development of self within the graphics and arts fields.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and
1. Certificate in Graphic Design, B.A. Degree in Graphics Design or equivalent industry experience with a proven portfolio.
2. Minimum Experience required: 3+ years
Adobe Creative Cloud proficient, advanced skills of MAC platform and graphic design software, tools, and concepts.
Self-starter; ability to take on work with guidance, work well under deadlines, and prioritize time-sensitive tasks, handling multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy.
Review file specifications prior to releasing files and ensure adherence to industry standards creating print and digital files to spec and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
Experience in e creation and practices (MailChimp preferred).
Passionate about production.
Ability to work collaboratively in a feedback-driven environment.
Strong attention to details and accuracy a must, ensure formatting is consistent with organizational design guidelines.
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy.
Ability to create large scale files properly.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and manage revisions with calm.
Ability to work independently or effectively within the creative team and other dept. teams.
Manage and understand prepress process standards for print files.
Image retouching and photo manipulation skills to improve quality both in print and digital.
Excellent written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment in the city of Los Angeles. All staff and visitors must wear a face mask indoors.
- Graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)