ROSEWOOD is a brand narrative agency. We create stories worth sharing through a unique combination of brand marketing, strategy, creative, design and in-house production.
Our stories live where audiences are paying attention, whether its on the streets of NYC, social platforms verse. We give big ideas room to grow and plant small ideas in fertile soil.
We work sroads of creativity, technology and culture. We put trust in our taste and apply innovation with purpose. What we put out into the world has both relevance and value – emotional, educational, aesthetic, or as a catalyst for social change. Were human beings, and thats precisely who we want to reach.
ROSEWOOD is looking to hire its first Design Manager as a part of the Project Management team. This new role will focus on bridging the gap between departments – pulling Design, Project Management, Production and Resourcing together in an ongoing effort to produce greater cross-departmental clarity and efficiency. This role will act as the right hand of the Associate Director of Design, getting fully ingrained in all aspects of Design Management.
Design Manager roles will include, but are not limited to:
Design Team Resourcing (in joint effort with the Associate Director of Design & Resourcing Manager), freelance recruitment, potentially full-time recruitment and onboarding communications and setup, cross-departmental teamwork and communication, and general tracking & forecasting. What Your Day to Day will Look Like
* Work with the Associate Director of Design to gain an understanding of the staff on hand and their specialties, strengths and weaknesses, in order to make informed staffing suggestions on a daily basis.
* Partner with the Associate Director of Design and the Resourcing Manager to highlight where staffing holes exist and work as a team to present cases for new hires with feasible timelines associated.
* Partner with the Resourcing Manager to ensure a meticulous level of detail is always present in the resourcing & forecasting tracker(s).
* Coordinate daily syncs with direct counterparts to ensure constant communication and proactive, pragmatic thinking.
* Communicate with the Project Manager Director to communicate information regularly, especially around freelance needs, to be factored into larger agency-wide considerations.
* Comfortable with coordinating freelancer communications and onboarding regularly, as well as owning and building upon the agencys freelancer design rolodex.
* Serve as a partner to the Brand Leads to better recognize the staffing needs for each new project/initiative, serving as the master of project/request intake.
* Work closely with Production. Design was previously housed within the Production department and close ties still exist and need to be fostered.
* Always consider the larger picture – understand how a staffing request for one project/timeline/staff might affect other projects and/ers.
* Be problem-solution oriented – proactively identify conflicts and risks and provide solutions whenever possible. When a proactive approach is not possible, own the situation and work with your peers and/or management to resolve as a team.
* Experience in working with Designers and/or Design Leads. Adjacent experience with Creatives and/or Creative Leads may be considered, depending on the candidates background.
* Proven ability to manage project and resourcing needs, with a general proficiency of how to manage scope and bandwidth.
* Deep knowledge of the Design space with an eye for talent – the different specialties that exist and which role(s) are most applicable for a given project and experience levels required for different initiatives and timelines, etc.
* Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills, and is capable of ballparking timing and helping to create feasible schedules alongside counterparts.
* A true partnership mentality – keen on working closely with other managers and comfortable with being 100% transparent.
* An over-communicator – someone who has excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Interest and care for the growth of each individual in the Design group.
* Knowledge of project management tools (Trello, Slack & Google Drive a plus).
* Ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
* Flexible-Paid Time Off (F-PTO)
* Sick Time
* Paid Parental Leave
* Paid Holidays – Including Labor Week and the Last Week of the Year
* Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
* Optional Flexible Spending Account
* Company Matching 401(k)
* Wellness Reimbursements
* Flexible Hybrid Working
* This organization participates in E-Verify. If you need any accommodations in order to participate fully in our interview process, please let us know how we can assist at .