Netflix is the world’s leading digital entertainment service. It’s an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment, bringing new stories to the world. As we expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to help us scale. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We don’t want to just be a place to make movies, we want to be THE place to make movies.
To support this growth, we are looking for a Global Design Program Manager to help lead the design of our corporate workplace portfolio across the globe. This position will be based in Los Angeles rt to the Global Head of Design & Construction based in Los Angeles. As part of the Design and Construction team, you will use your passion for design to drive the future of the Netflix workplace.
You will lead the team responsible for creating spaces that are the physical manifestation of our brand and enable our stunning colleagues to do their best work. Your leadership will develop and support a global portfolio, maintain regional diversity while defining global consistency across all new and existing sites.
You will also:
* Bring industry-leading ideas and data to guide design-related decisions and offer innovative solutions. Understand and stay current on changes and innovations to the workplace before and beyond the pandemic.
* Bring proven leadership skills with the ability to build and lead multidisciplinary teams, both with and without authority. Proven vision, leadership, and critical thinking skills, along with the ability to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Detail-oriented and highly proficient in producing and delivering executive-level presentations and communications.
* Oversee, with a player/coach mentality, a global team of Design Managers responsible for carrying out design oversight on assigned projects.
* Be a design expert in corporate interior design, including a working knowledge of related codes and regulations, design documentation, finishes, detailing, and materials selection.
* Monitor design activities to ensure that all phases of the work are done in accordance with established standards, contractual agreements, and as expeditiously and economically as possible.
* Drive design standards for global consistency and ensure intentional implementation of Sustainability and Accessibility goals.
* Develop and maintain Architectural Space Design guidelines; including MEP, AV, Finish Material, FF&E, Accessibility, Sustainability, and BIM.
* Identify opportunities to maximize efficiencies, get the best out of consistencies of the workplace across all regions and identify cost avoidance opportunities.
* Build and manage a team, with the ability to bring people along and collaborate with diverse teams to deliver successful solutions.
* Implement a design process that ensures the spaces embody the brand and create an inspiring employee experience. Ensure the design reflects the unique regional context yet represents a consistent and recognizable brand experience.
* Drive the implementation and adoption of the global design program, support the development of dashboard reporting, executive summaries, and monitor progress against plan.
* Understanding of budget, schedule and technical aspects of a design and construction project in order to reach balanced and practical solutions in an expedited manner.
* Provide support services for designs when necessary and act as the Design Manager on assigned projects, if required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design and a successful track record of leading the design through all phases of corporate interiors projects, both domestically and internationally, as well as leading multiple complex projects simultaneously.
* Minimum 12 years of work experience in commercial architecture, interior design, and workplace planning, with a minimum of 5 years working inside a corporate real estate group, is preferred. Proven success internationally is also a must.
* Excellent working knowledge of the global commercial furniture industry and related supply chain.
* Exceptional oral & written communication skills and ability to present at an executive level.
* Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on projects.
* Strong leadership, organization, communication, negotiation, and relationship management skills.
* Ability to partner across business areas within Netflix to reach a common goal (both within Global Real Estate, as well as other Netflix partners ).
* Exceptional time management skills and the ability / presence of mind to escalate issues when needed to the right audience.
* Proficiency in utilizing G-Suite, and a strong proficiency in compiling and presenting written project correspondence to executive leadership.