Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2021-11-19
Graphic Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Fashion Design
Graphic Design, Fashion Design
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week and in our brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We’re #2.
Reformation is a mission-based company that is fast-growing and is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Reformation has an exciting opportunity for a Design Coordinator to be part of our in-house design team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the apparel and textile print design departments in the administration of keeping the department running smoothly in a well organized fashion. They will be responsible for maintaining design planning boards and entering styles into the PLM system, updating the fabric walls, coordinating with vendors, and assisting the Print Designer with development of prints and color palette across all categories at Reformation.
This is an excellent hands on opportunity to get your feet on the ground in the fashion industry and learn all aspects of the design process.
The Designer Coordinator will work from our Culver City office to support all facets of the Design Team.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the design team to support all aspects of design, from fabric & print to collection conception through to production
- Maintain organization of styles, fabrics & prints and their deliveries, updating frequently according to Production calendar
- Source of fabrics and trims for upcoming collections
- Process and archive lab dips and strike offs (color and print)
- Communicate notes & approvals with overseas vendors
- Communicate strike off & lab dip status cross-functionally within
- Maintain physical fabric and design boards
- Maintain digital design and print decks
- Create original print designs
- Enter design styles into our PLM system
- Analyze key product trends in the marketplace and build a comprehensive list of findings
- Evaluate overall marketplace trends and synthesize the list to highlight only the concepts relevant for the Reformation brand/customer; translate these ideas into products
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years of experience
- Strong sense of organization
- Strong sense of design
- Strong eye for color
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Great at Illustration – able to execute diverse styles of drawing & painting
- Print design experience is a plus but not necessary if you have a strong design eye, illustration skills, attention to detail, & are a fast learner. The specifics of making a textile print can be taught on the job.
- General understanding of fabrics
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter along with the project below:
- Take this online Color Test and send a screenshot of the results page
- Create 1 slide of Spring 2022 key apparel trends relevant to Reformation and 2-3 slides of Spring 2022 print and color inspiration, please submit as PDF
- Create 1 original print for Reformation
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading – Forbes, Eco-Age, Fast Company
Search for further Jobs Here: