Design Assistants play an integral role in leading key phases of a design project’s lifecycle in collaboration and partnership with RH Interior Design. They are innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for owning, building and maintaining relationships with a focus on technical skills. Willing to flex, shift gears quickly & work through client project deadlines is integral to success in this role.
RH is a curator of design, taste and style in the luxury lifestyle market. The Company offers collections through its retail galleries, source books and online , RHModern.com, RHBabyand
Child.com, RHTEEN.com, and Waterworks.com. At RH we believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined and won’t take “no” for an answer.
We value team players, people who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right. We are Designers, not decorators. That distinction means that we look at a project in the context of the entire space, or the whole, rather than as parts or components. RH designers understand the art and science of lifestyle, environment and taste to create a functional, beautiful and personal space.
We provide luxury design services for the reimagining of one room or an entire home, anywhere in the world. Our team members embody the RH lifestyle and a sense of personal style, polished appearance, refined taste and a discerning eye for luxury. We believe RH is one of the most innovative and fastest growing luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace.
We believe our brand stands alone and is redefining this highly fragmented and growing market. Our ability to innovate, curate and integrate products, categories, services, hospitality and businesses with a completely authentic and distinctive point of view, is a powerful platform for long-term growth. We evolved our brand to become RH, positioning our company to curate a lifestyle beyond the four walls of the home.
Our unique product development, go-to-market and supply chain capabilities, together with our significant scale, enable us to offer a compelling combination of design, quality and value that we believe is unparalleled in the marketplace. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Live Our Values:
People, Quality, Service & Innovation
* Represent the RH lifestyle brand through elevated communication, personal appearance and professionalism
* Lead the creation of brand appropriate presentations; clearly communicate design concepts, oversee accuracy of space planning and comprehensive product selections
* Lead multiple phases of the design process including one-on-one client consultations, site visits, design development, presentations and installations
* Qualify and educate potential design clientele on services offered by RH Interior Design
* Provide product expertise and elevated service with a focus on furnishings, hard surfaces & construction documentation
* Provide a luxury experience for RH clientele through the RH Interior Design services
* Maintain a strong interest in the luxury and design industry OUR REQUIREMENTS
* Art, Architecture and/or Interior Design education degree required
* Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Sketch UP & other space planning/rendering related programs required
* Proficiency with Mac Operating System, IOS devices, Microsoft Office and Google Applications required
* Strong artistic skills, including hand rendering and sketching capabilities preferred
* Experience with in a design/architecture firm or high-end furniture and luxury retail preferred
* Hands-on interior installation experience preferred
* Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strategic and mental agility
* Highly collaborative
* People and relationship driven
* Results-oriented OUR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to travel locally, out of state or internationally
* Ability to lift and mobilize small to medium items up to 25 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques
* Ability to maneuver effectively around gallery floor, stock room and office
* Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending and climbing
* Licensed to drive preferred