Brand design is what Squarespace is known for. We go to great lengths to ensure every touchpoint of the product and brand is as beautiful and impactful as possible.
As a modern creative organization, we hire aesthetically-driven designers who have a strong process that can be applied across a range of deliverables. Our Brand Design Managers set the vision for projects, enforce our high standards, and mentor/manage other designers to make sure we’re meeting them.
You will help define and lead a team to execute brand identities, marketing campaigns, brand partnerships, and content creation. While you often straddle the line between player and coach, assisting in directing multidisciplinary creative talent, you are most excited to be hands-on and designing. You’re comfortable presenting work to executive stakeholders and delivering feedback to teams.
Successful candidates should have a portfolio that demonstrates a familiarity with most of the following: brand identity, marketing campaigns, social assets and web projects. This is an opportunity to join the founding team in Squarespace’s new creative outpost.
- 10+ years of experience as a designer at agencies, studios or in-house.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a design-driven organization.
- Strong understanding of steps necessary to take a project from concept to launch.
- Broad awareness of design and technology trends.
- Excellent strategic, conceptual, and executional skills.
- Impeccable taste.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate teams to create their best work.
- Experience running productions and partnering with video directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators to create on-brand work.
- Mastery in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma as well as Sketch.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people – from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses – to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland and LA.
For more information, visit
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks ces
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base , but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.